Nothing's quite as lovely.
Monday, October 3, 2016
1. n (Instruments) a trumpet or the sound produced by one
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) the last trump the final trumpet call that according to the belief of some will awaken and raise the dead on the Day of Judgment
3. vb (Music, other) (intr) to produce a sound upon or as if upon the trumpet
4. (Music, other) (tr) to proclaim or announce with or as if with a fanfare
5. (intr) slang Brit to expel intestinal gas through the anus
[from Old French trompe, from Old High German trumpa trumpet; compare trombone]